Libre3-2-Juggluco

• You seem to think that because Android is made a certain way, it has to be efficient. That is really stupid. Do you want to say that the Libre3 app is smaller and faster than Juggluco? The reason they make it the way they do has more to do with other concerns than efficiency:

First I naturally came at "Benachrichtigen", but that is way too long, if Benachricht is really impossible German I have to use English. I also had "Mär" instead of "Mä", but that uses 5 bytes instead of the 4 I used in the multidimensional array. In last version I have just changed the array to 5 bytes.

I also didn't abbreviate these example labels without a reason; labels are maximally 12 bytes including a terminating 0. They otherwise also don't fit in the Kerfstok watch app. This can't be changed easily; these structures already sit in installed programs. Also the space after "Dunkelmodus" is there for a reason, [x] should be placed after it.

For the help and strings.xml, I don't have those restrictions.

• You seem to think that because Android is made a certain way, it has to be efficient. That is really stupid. Do you want to say that the Libre3 app is smaller and faster than Juggluco?

I never said such a thing, I analyzed the code on how the resources actually worked, thats all. I don't have a problem with that you don't try to do everything in the most Java and Android way possible...

I never said I think Android is efficient. My point would have been that we're looking in the territory of micro-optimizations that end up making little improvements in the grand scheme of things, but are overall reducing the readability and maintainability of our code. Finding a good middle way and not reinventing every wheel is, to me, a basic tenet of application development that isn't stuck in the 80s.

That said, I think Juggluco is in the current form SUPER efficient with resources. That is absolutely commendable and awesome. I don't want to ruin that at all.

And for the record, I think the Libre 3 original app is absolutely terrible when it comes to memory usage as it has a some sort of memory leak (not in the literal sense, it accumulates data) that will, over time, make it become larger and larger, and also slower and slower. It uses like 400 mb for me now (according to Android settings, that likely doesn't include shared memory usage)

This is in the end a medical application that many people are trying to rely on and some here have already been burned by the opaque situation that, for example, broke itself with updates and are now ending up to stop updating ever again. And it's supposed to be their own fault for using "hacked apks" (I don't think anyone did that) or having a "corner case". I think that's somewhat... irresponsible. Maybe it would be better to have a big disclaimer on the page. That this is essentially beta software that tries to reverse engineer and reimplement a closed, proprietary system and that there may be errors.

I am not trying to find fault, I am trying to make the situation better for everyone and I am willing to put some work into cooperating on that. I made an app that uses the glucodata broadcast to show it on the always-on-display, and I am leaving my pants down figuratively on this: sinni800/glucodata-aod - glucodata-aod - mgs git (metalgearsonic.de). The code is probably pretty bad (primarily the GUI code), but it was the first thing I made in Android Studio.

Regarding the translation: Since the types are hidden in the headers, there was really no way I could have knowm how many bytes are reserved for each of those, its would be a good idea to document these byte length limitations on the site, I think.

Zitat

these structures already sit in installed programs

This is honestly why GNU gettext was made, to access translation strings. This is a micro-optimization that is now locking out less fortunate languages like German because of our word length.

"Benachrichtigung" has a shorter, good word for German: "Mitteilung", which is only 11 characters including null termination.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von sinni800 ()

• Da wir ein Problem mit der Belieferung mit Libre 3 Sensoren haben und der aktuelle Sensor blad abläuft, ergibt sich folgende Frage:

Kann ich nach Ablauf des letzten Libre 3 Sensors die gleiche Juggluco App weiter verwenden und damit direkt (ohne LibreLink App) einen Libre 2 Sensor starten, um die Werte an Xdrip+ weiterleiten zu können (und hieraus an AAPS) ?

Oder muss ich hierzu eine zweite Juggluco App mit anderer Application ID verwenden ?

Die Sensoren sollen also (logischerweise) NICHT parallel genutzt werden und auch nicht parallel beide Libre Apps betrieben werden.

Ich würde nur gerne verhindern alle Einstellungen neu machen zu müssen, um noch vorhandene Libre2 Sensoren zu nutzen und dann bei Erhalt der neuen Libre 3 Sensoren einfach wieder auf diese zu wechseln.

• Geht auf jeden Fall.

Viele Grüsse

Mecki

• Sie können Libre 2 und Libre 3 Sensoren mit derselben Juggluco-App problemlos nebeneinander und gleichzeitig oder nacheinander verwenden, wobei alle Ihre Daten erhalten bleiben.

• jka

Juggluco 4.5.3 funktioniert gut.
    Im Google Playstore ist Juggluco nicht mehr verfügbar, hat dies etwas mit den Übersetzungsarbeiten zu tun, oder gibt es andere Gründe (Abbott)?

Mich würde auch interessieren, ob das nun so bleibt oder die App zurück kommt!?

• Wo findet man die Version 4.5.3. ?Mit den o.a. Link kommt man zur 4.4.1. In Google Play ist juggluco ganz verschwunden?

vroni :help:

Samsung A 12

• "Benachrichtigung" has a shorter, good word for German: "Mitteilung", which is only 11 characters including null termination.

Also "Nachricht". But it depends on the context, which I don't know here. If it's about Android notifications, the only correct word is "Benachrichtigung", because this is what is used in Android itself. In that case, it could be abbreviated "Benachr." if necessary.

"März" can be abbreviated "Mär" as well as "Mrz" if you need to avoid the umlaut.

• Ist jetzt bei nem Handyscreenshot vielleicht weniger hilfreich... 8o

Nee im Ernst..... am Handy natürlich einfach den Finger von oben herunterziehen. Ich mache Download´s eigentlich immer am PC, daher meine spontaner Tip.

Viele Grüsse

Mecki